Skip to main content

{{ root_page.title }}

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) / Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)

Personal Independence Payment (PIP) can help you with some of the extra costs if you have a long term ill-health or disability. 

You could get between £23.60 and £151.40 a week if you're aged 16 or over and have not reached state pension age. 

The amount you get depends on how your condition affects you, not the condition itself. 

You'll be assessed by a health professional to work out the level of help you can get. Your rate will be regularly reviewed to make sure you're getting the right support. 

Click here for more information. 

You can apply for Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) if you have a disability or health condition that affects how much you can work. 

ESA gives you - 

  • money to help with living costs if you're unable to work. 
  • Support to get back into work if you're able to. 

You can apply if you're employed, self-employed or unemployed. 

Click here for more information.