Skip to main content

{{ root_page.title }}

What would happen if the local authority decides a plan is not needed?

At week 14 at the point of the Support Planning meeting the Local Authority will discuss whether or not an Education, Health and Care Plan needs to be issued.  If the local authority decides a plan is not needed then they must let the parents/carers or young person know and give reasons for the decision.  The Local Authority will ensure that parents/carers of the young person are aware of the resources available to meet special educational needs without a plan. 

The parent/carer or young person has the right to appeal at First Tier Tribunal should the local authority decide not to issue an EHCP.  The SENDIAS Service will be able to provide advice and support with regards to disagreement resolution and mediation services.