Skip to main content

{{ root_page.title }}


If you are an individual and are looking for information on grants that are available please click on the relevant link below.

Disabled Facilities Grants (DFG)

A Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) is a local council grant to help towards the cost of adapting your home to enable you to continue to live there. A grant is paid when the council considers that changes are necessary to meet your needs, and that the work is reasonable and practical.

Energy Efficiency Grants

You may be able to get energy efficiency grants and offers to help you make energy saving improvements to your home. These grants and offers come from government, your local council or your energy supplier.

Extra Help with Study Costs

If you continue learning after 16 - either in full-time education or through work-based learning - you can get financial help with the cost of your studies.

Grants and bursaries for adult learners

Depending on your circumstances and the course you're doing, you may be able to get financial help through a grant. Grants don't have to be paid back. Bursaries are similar to grants but are usually linked to a particular career or type of course - like Dance and Drama Awards or residential bursaries.

Sure Start maternity grant

If you're on a low income, the Sure Start Maternity Grant is a one-off payment to help towards costs of a new baby. The grant comes from the Social Fund and you don't have to repay it.

Next Steps

Further Information and Advice