Skip to main content

Service summary

Hartlepool Centre for Independent Living

The CiL opened in 2017 and is operated by Hartlepool Borough Council.

The centre is home to various teams from within the Council's Adult & Community Based Services Department including Learning & Skills and Preventative Mental Health. There are also specialist Staff Members that can provide advice, information, advocacy and practical help for those living with a Disability.

In addition to the services and teams based at the CiL, there is a modern and equipped Events Hall which is available to hire, perfect for Business and Social Events. There is also a welcoming Bistro which serves hot and cold meals alongside Afternoon Tea.

Service provider

Hartlepool Borough Council

Client Groups Served

  • Children and Young People
  • Adult Working Age
  • Older Person
  • Parent / Carer
  • SEND Local Offer


  • The only costs are for accessing the day services and hiring the Events Hall


Physical Environment Accessibility

Are your premises accessible?
Further details about your premises' accessibility

The Building has been designed with people who have disabilities or additional needs and incorporate:
• Specialist Lighting,
• Hearing Loop
• Accessible Kitchen
• Large Projector Screen
• Ground floor access to Events Hall
• Wide Corridors
• Lift Access to 1st and 2nd Floors
• Accessible Changing Facilities
• A range of seating to cater for Babies , Children and Adults.

Is there accessible parking on site?

Free parking available on Site

Do you have accessible/disabled toilets?

Accessible toilets are available on the Ground, First and Second Floor.

In addition, we are pleased to be able to provide a Changing Places facility which are designed to help people with disabilities the opportunity to spend greater time accessing their community without the need to return Home.

Other Accessibility

Could you provide a BSL interpreter?
Do you cater for religious/cultural needs?
Is a referral required to access your service?
Please give further details

Some services can be accessed via self referral other services provided are dependent on an 'assessment of needs' carried for example by a Social Worker