More About The Provider
Description of Service
Hartlepool &Tees Valley Macmillan Benefits Advice Service
The Macmillan Advisor provides priority appointments to those whose lives have been affected by cancer, this includes family members and the recently bereaved. Advice is provided in a location suitable to the clients' needs such as at our main centre, in the clients home or at the hospice or North Tees hospital.
For assistance with:
- applying for Personal Independence Payments, Attendance Allowance and/or Carers Allowance
- applying for social security benefits and in and out of work benefits
- appealing against benefit decisions
- issues with your benefits claims, such as over payments
- health costs, such as prescription and travel to hospital
- accessing charitable grants
- applying for transport concessions, such as a blue badge, bus pass, railcards
- applying for housing and council tax support
To book an appointment call (01429) 271294.
The West View Advice and Resource Centre is a member of the Asbestos Support and Campaign Group (ASCG). We are members of this partnership with Northern TUC, various trade unions and Macmillan Cancer Support.
As part of this service we offer free, impartial and confidential information, advice and support to anyone with an asbestos related or industrial disease in the North East and North Cumbria.
For those suffering from: Mesothelioma, Asbestosis, Pleural Thickening, Lung Cancer or any other occupational cancer we are here to help with:
- Welfare benefits and support including applying for benefits, appealing against benefit decisions, health costs such as prescriptions and travel to hospital, applying for local authority financial support and charitable grants, requesting a blue disabled parking badge
- Independent legal advice and representation
- Information about other related services
For more information about this service, or to book an appointment or home visit, please contact the West View Advice and Resource Centre on 01429 271 294.
Macmillan Home Energy Service – Home Energy Advice for People Affected by Cancer
Your energy costs may increase if you or a member of your family is affected by cancer. There are a lot of ways to keep the costs down if you are using more heating and electricity at home.
If you, your family or a Carer have been affected by cancer and live in Teesside, we are here to help with free, independent and impartial advice:
- Advice on keeping warm
- Energy company and tariff switching
- Fuel debt support
- Access to energy discounts and trust funds
- Referral onto home heating and insulation schemes
- Referral for a benefit entitlement check
- Access to emergency grant funding
This service is provided by the West View Advice and Resource Centre in Hartlepool, in partnership with Macmillan Cancer Support. To arrange an appointment to see how we can help please contact us on 01429 271 294.
Types of Service Provided
Client Groups Served
Is there a cost for this service?
8am - 4pm Monday to Friday
Physical Environment Accessibility
Are your premises accessible?
Further details about your premises' accessibility
Can be seen in centre or we can arrange a Home Visit
Is there accessible parking on site?
Yes, small car park and off street parking (free)
Do you have accessible/disabled toilets?
Could you provide a BSL interpreter?
You you cater for religious/cultural needs?
Please give further details
This is an inclusive service