Skip to main content

{{ root_page.title }}

Integrated Urgent Care

Integrated Urgent Care 

Integrated urgent care services are provided in Stockton and Hartlepool for illness and minor injuries.  If you are unwell and need to use the service we advise that you book an appointment first by calling NHS 111.  If you have a minor injury please walk into the centres. 

You will be treated by a GP (doctor) or urgent care practitioner in the urgent care centre.  These centres are located at the University Hospital of Hartlepool and the University Hospital of North Tees. 

If you are unsure if you ned to see your normal GP (doctor) or attend an urgent care centre then NHS 111 will advise you. 

Feeling unwell?  Make sure you make the right choice


Have some basic first aid and medication in a safe place at your home.  These can be bought from shops, supermarkets or pharmacies. 

REMEMBER Keep medication such as aspirin, paracetamol or ibuprofen in a safe place away from children. 


Visit your local pharmacy to get advice and buy medication. 

REMEMBER Most people live within a short walk of a pharmacy to get help for the majority of ailments.  They have fully trained staff and often have a private room if you need to speak about a confidential matter.

GP (doctor)

Contact your own GP practice during their opening hours. When your GP practice is closed call NHS 111 for advice. 

REMEMBER Outside of your GP surgery opening hours you can call NHS 111 to make an appointment.  NHS 111 may be able to make a GP (doctor) appointment for you. 

Urgent Care Centre 

We advise you call NHS 111 to make an appointment to attend your local centre for urgent medical problems.  However, if you have a minor injury, no appointment is needed, simply walk in.  Your two local urgent care centres operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. 

REMEMBER If you are unsure about anything, call NHS 111. It is manned by our local ambulance service call handlers who can give the best advice where to go or they will book you an appointment at the right place.

Emergency Department (A&E) or 999

You should call 999 straightaway if you are worried about a life-threatening emergency or serious injury.

REMEMBER All accident and emergency departments use a priority system where the most seriously ill or injured patients are seen first.  If your condition does not require emergency services you will be directed to a more appropriate health care provider. 


Find us