Knowing about the medicines you are taking can mean the difference between good and poor health.
Managing what pills you take and when you should be taking them can feel complicated. Please read the following tips below. If there is just one tip that is new to you then it will be worth it.
- Always keep medicines in their original containers, with the pharmacy label
- If you have problems with getting into medicine packaging - talk to the pharmacist
- Check storage instructions and follow them
- Give old, expired or unwanted medication back to the pharmacist. Dont pour them down the sink, or put in the dustbin
- If you are using inhalers ask your pharmacist or nurse to check you technique regularly
- Good technique gives the best results with fewest side effects. Everyone's technique deteriorates over time.