Parkinson's UK welcomes the arrival of a new Parkinson's Local Adviser to cover the Hartlepool area. Margaret Hunter is part of a team of local advisers in the North who can provide free, confidential, one to one information and support to people living with Parkinson's by telephone, email, letter or (where necessary) face-to-face client visits. Margaret can help people living with Parkinson's who:
- have just been diagnosed and are looking for advice and information about their condition.
- are looking for tips on how to deal with the day-to-day impact of Parkinson's.
- need emotonal support.
- want to find out more about the services available in their area.
- want to learn about their rights and entitlements.
- need help navigating the benefits process.
- are looking for support on employment issues.
- need support with anything else relating to their life with Parkinson's.
Living with or caring for someone with a long-term condition like Parkinson's brings its own set of challenges as symptoms can develop over time. The Parkinson's UK local adviser works closely with a wide range of local organisations, including Hartlepool Carers and also with health professionals including Parkinson's Specialist Nurses, in order to help people living with Parkinson's get the best possible information and support. Margaret also covers Darlington, Middlesbrough and Stockton-on-Tees and can be contacted Monday to Wednesday on telephone 0344 2259827 or by email email@example.com. Referrals can be made directly to Margaret from people with Parkinson's and their families and carers. There's also a wealth of information available on the Parkinson's UK website at www.parkinsons.org.uk or alternatively you can call their national helpline on 0808 800 0303. Opening times are: Monday to Friday 9am - 7pm and Saturday 10am - 2pm. Trained advisers, including Parkinson's specialist nurses can provide information and advice regarding all aspects of living with Parkinson's.