Files and Documents
More About The Provider
Description of Service
Our team of experienced Handypersons can visit and carry out small repairs and adaptations to the homes of Hartlepool residents.
Type of work that can be carried out:
• Provision of grab rails and banisters
• Small joinery repairs
• Securing floor coverings and falls prevention advice
• Fitting curtain rails
• Clearing pathways for safe access
• Rewiring plugs and fitting fuses
• Changing light bulbs and shades
• Small scale plumbing jobs e.g. leaking taps and bleeding radiators
• Fitting of door bolts, security chains and key safes
This is not an exhaustive list. Please call us to discuss any other work you may require.
Our service is commissioned by Hartlepool Borough Council and is designed to help older residents live safely and independently in their own home. The service is provided free to residents who meet certain Social Services assessment criteria.
If you do not meet our criteria we may still be able to help if you are 60 years or over!
Simply get in touch to arrange for one of our team to come and assess your needs and check that you qualify.
We will then:
• Arrange a convenient date and time when the work can be carried out.
• Do the work (if you are a tenant then permission may be needed from the landlord before any work can begin)
• Ask you to complete a simple assessment sheet to let us know what you think of the service we provided.
Types of Service Provided
Client Groups Served
Age Ranges Served
Is there a cost for this service?
There is no cost if you meet the criteria
If you do not meet the FACS criteria but are 60 + you can access the service at a cost of £7 per hour per Handyperson for the time taken to do the work
• Plus the cost of materials we use
We also offer a unit cost including materials and labour for certain job such as:
• Bannister rails £35.00
• Grab rails £15:00
• Security chain £12.00
• Phone extension £12.00
• Carpet rods £17.00
And certain specialist treatments such as:
• small scale mould treatment £60.00
Energy saver boiler treatment, which can save you up to 20% on your heating bills for a one off cost
• to treat up to 100 litres £60.00
• to treat 100 litres plus £99.00
All charges would be agreed with you before any work starts. A minimum of one hour will be charged for any work undertaken.
The Connecting Communities Handyperson service is run on a not for profit basis. Any charges go towards the costs of running the scheme so we can help as many people as possible.