Childnet's mission is to work in partnership with others around the world to help make the internet a great and safe place for children.
1. Childnet education team visits schools giving interactive, discussion-based sessions for young people, as well as parents, carers, and educators. Booking is via online form. Sessions can be online or in-person.
2. Digital Leaders - peer to peer education programme to help empower young people to champion the safe and positive use of technology. Schools subscribe to access the programme’s online training platform, which is fun, engaging and promotes online safety learning in an enjoyable and safe way. Teachers are fully supported to run the programme by the Childnet team.
3. National Film competition - free to enter, it is held annually and invites young people aged 7-18 to enter a challenge to create a new film about online safety. Finalist films win filmmaking equipment for their schools.
4. Free online safety resources, activities, games, films and advice for parents, young people, teachers and other professionals. Some pre-printed resources are available for schools and organisations to purchase.
Client Groups Served
- Children and Young People
- Parent / Carer
There is a cost for our Online Safety sessions, please check on the website for up-to-date information. The Digital Leaders Programme has a year or 2-year subscription charge.