Domestic Violence - Harbour Support Services
For over forty years we have provided assistance to families and individuals affected by domestic abuse.
Statistics show that domestic abuse affects a quarter of all women at some time in their lives, regardless of age, social class, race, disability, sexual orientation or lifestyle. The visible consequences of this are obvious to see but the hidden consequences are often underestimated ~ isolation, loss of confidence, fear and despair.
We want people to know they don’t have to go through these experiences alone and there is help available.
We make no judgement about the choices people have made; rather we offer advice and practical assistance to help people to improve their future.
Are you a child or young people affected by abuse?
Domestic abuse can be:
- Physical – hurting someone by doing things like hitting, pushing or kicking
- Emotional – sayings things to frighten someone or make them feel bad such as telling them they are stupid, ugly or worthless
- Controlling behaviour – stopping someone from acting freely such as keeping them from seeing their friends and family, not letting them have a job or not letting them spend money. Also forcing someone to do things that they don't feel comfortable doing.
- Are you worried about whether domestic abuse is happening in your family?
Tel: 03000 20 25 25 (24 hours)
Harbour Support Services
Client Groups Served
- Children and Young People
- Adult Working Age
- Older Person
- Parent / Carer
- SEND Local Offer
Physical Environment Accessibility
Are your premises accessible?
Could you provide a BSL interpreter?
You you cater for religious/cultural needs?
Is a referral required to access your service?
Please give further details
Referrals can be from professionals or individuals and can be taken either by downloading the referral form on the website or calling 03000 20 25 25.