Skip to main content

{{ root_page.title }}

What happens if the parent/carer or young person disagrees with the local authority's decision?

Parents/Carers and young people have the right to challenge the Local Authority's decisions on: 

  • Not to carry out an Education, Health and Care assessment. 
  • Not producing an Education, Health and Care Plan. 
  • The special educational support included in the plan.
  • Cease to maintain a plan. 

The SENDIASS Officer will be able to provide advice and support regarding any disagreements.  Further information on how to do this will be provided during the process and within the SENDIAS Service and Disagreement Resolution Factsheet.