People are safe most of the time, but if you do get into trouble, get away as quickly as you can.
If you have a problem with someone:
- Do not panic.
- Do not stop and fight.
- Get away as quickly as you can.
- Use your personal attack alarm.
- Let people know you are in trouble by screaming and shouting ‘Fire’.
- Go to a shop or a busy public place as quickly as you can.
- Ask for help from a person working in a shop or a police officer.
- If anyone tries to grab your bag, let your bag go.
- Your safety is more important than your bag.
- If someone does bad things to you like calling you names, hurting you or stealing your things, tell someone you know as soon as you can or tell the police.
- You can ask a friend or someone you know to go with you to the police station.Tell the police officer exactly what happened