Below are some tips of how to keep safe at a Cash Machine:
- Be careful when using the cash machine. Make sure no one is standing too close to you.
- If you can, use a cash machine during the day. At night, use one in a brightly lit area or one inside the bank.
- If you can, go with friends or someone you trust.
- Only take out enough money for what you need.
- Keep some money in your wallet or purse and some in your pocket.
- Do not show or give your PIN number to anyone.
- Try to remember your PIN number. Do not write it down.
- A PIN number is four numbers together that the bank has given you. You use this number to take money out and to pay for things when you use your card.