More About The Provider
Description of Service
The purpose built nursing home for elderly mentally ill people provides specialised nursing care for 33 residents, offering maximum comfort and quality of life in a safe and secure environment. Features of Gretton Court are:
• A person centred service where the needs and wishes of every person matter to us
• 24 hour care provided by professional registered mental nurses and experienced and qualified care staff
• Nurse call system in every room
• Specially equipped bath and shower rooms
• Television and hi-fi music systems
• Social activities/activity room
• Hairdressing, chiropody, optician and physiotherapy
• Key worker system
• Meals are prepared in our kitchen, with special diets catered for
• A laundry service is provided
• Spiritual needs are met by visiting clergy and Chaplain from The Hospital of God at Greatham
• Gardens with enclosed quiet areas
Care Quality Commission
Types of Service Provided
Client Groups Served
Age Ranges Served
Is there a cost for this service?
• Residential fees are currently £487.51 per week for which there may be a contribution from the local authority according to the means of the resident
• Nursing care fees funded by the Clinical Commissioning Group is at present £114.89
7 days a week, 24 hour provision.
Physical Environment Accessibility
Are your premises accessible?
Further details about your premises' accessibility
Our corridors and toilets are wide enough for walking frames and wheelchairs and we have suitably adapted toilets and bathrooms that are well signed and in easy reach of bedrooms and living areas. There are hand rails throughout the building to aid mobility and we have a range of equipment to assist people who require a higher level of support.
All of our residents have a single room and we encouraged people to bring in some of their own possessions and some small items of furniture to personalise the room and give the person a feeling of ownership. Staff respect people's rights to privacy, and knock on bedroom, bathroom and toilet doors to gain approval before entering.
Is there accessible parking on site?
Do you have accessible/disabled toilets?
You you cater for religious/cultural needs?
Please give further details
We discuss religious and cultural preferences and need with potential residents and their families prior to admission and try to ensure their needs are met by incorporating them into the care plan. We also ask the resident or their families to complete a One Page Profile setting out their needs in order to personalise their care.
Is a referral required to access your service?
Please give further details
If you or your relative is interested in a place at Gretton Court or Home Manager, Andrea Atkinson will meet with you to talk about care needs and the services that we provide.
Amongst the areas that Andrea will discuss are:
• Personal care needs, physical and mental well being
• Maintaining links with family and community
• Personal independence while living with us and how we make sure that you can continue to do as much as you can for yourself
• Any particular needs relating to medication, falls, continence, mental condition or mobility
• Hobbies and interests