Skip to main content

Service summary

Help paying bills using your benefits

You can have some of your bills (including rent, services charges, fuel or water bills) paid directly out of your benefits payments if you’re having difficulties. This is called ‘third party deductions’ and sometimes Fuel Direct.

The benefits that can be used are:
• Universal Credit
• income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
• income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Income Support
• Pension Credit

Contact Jobcentre Plus (or your pension centre if you’re on Pension Credit). Tel: 0800 169 0190

You need:
• details of who you owe and how much
• your customer reference number (for bills)
• your National Insurance number

They’ll arrange for some of your benefits to be paid directly each month to the person or company you owe.

Service provider

Help paying bills using your benefits

Client Groups Served

  • Adult Working Age
  • Older Person
  • Parent / Carer


Physical Environment Accessibility

Are your premises accessible?

Other Accessibility

Could you provide a BSL interpreter?
You you cater for religious/cultural needs?
Is a referral required to access your service?