Skip to main content

Service summary

Tees Valley Rural Action

Tees Valley Rural Action (TVRA) offers a wide range of advice and support to voluntary and community groups in the rural areas of the Tees Valley. Tees Valley Rural Action (TVRA) operates two transport schemes. Offering safe, reliable and affordable transport services for any voluntary sector or community group, along with rural residents of the Tees Valley who are experiencing genuine transport difficulties. These services rely heavily on volunteers. Volunteer Car Service All our drivers are volunteers who use their own cars to provide a door to door car service for people over the age of 60 or people with a mobility problem who cannot access public transport. Journeys can be arranged to take you to the hospital, the doctors or dentist, the optician, even the hairdressers or to visit friends. Really we can take you anywhere that you want to go. All cars must be pre-booked at least 2 days in advance but we do get very busy at certain times of the day, so please book your journey well in advance. Our volunteer drivers can easily be identified with their badges after completing our training and DBS checks, they will offer to support you in and out of the car, and getting to your appointments. Mini Bus Scheme As a member of the Community Transport Association, our mini bus transport service is a scheme to keep the voluntary organisations, sports clubs, community or faith groups, schools and charities of the Tees Valley on the Move. #driveforwardteesvalley Our two 16-seat fully wheelchair accessible minibuses can be booked with or without a driver for as little as a few hours or for as long as a weekend.

Service provider

Tees Valley Rural Action

Client Groups Served

  • Children and Young People
  • Parent / Carer


Physical Environment Accessibility

Are your premises accessible?
Further details about your premises' accessibility

We are not premises' based for our community transport offer, although both mini bus are fully wheelchair accessible.

Other Accessibility

Could you provide a BSL interpreter?
You you cater for religious/cultural needs?
Is a referral required to access your service?