Whizz-Kidz is a national children’s mobility charity, founded in 1990 to address the inadequate provision of support and services for disabled children in the UK. All the children we work with have a disability that affects their mobility; many have multiple support needs and have mild to moderate learning disabilities. Whizz-Kidz's vision is to ensure that every disabled child has the opportunity to lead an active, fulfilling childhood, and to develop the skills, independence and confidence for their transition to adulthood.
To give disabled young people the best possible chance for independence and freedom, we provide essential mobility equipment tailored to each child's individual social, clinical and educational needs, including powered wheelchairs, manual wheelchairs, sports wheelchairs, trikes and buggies.
We also provide crucial support in the form of our ‘Life Journey' provision, comprising the following innovative services:
• Wheelchair Skills Training
• Ambassador Clubs (a network of youth clubs spanning the UK)
• Employability Training (equipping young wheelchair users with training and opportunities for the working world)
• Camp Whizz-Kidz (short breaks focused on independent living skills)
• Volunteering and Leadership Training
• Each service we offer has a different criteria. To find out if you are eligible, please contact us.
Client Groups Served
- Children and Young People
- Parent / Carer
- SEND Local Offer