St Teresa's RC Primary School
St. Teresa’s school is a voluntary aided school in the Diocese of Hexham & Newcastle. The children attending the school are primarily from the parishes of St. Patrick's and St. Teresa’s. St Teresa’s currently has 300 pupils on roll from 5 to 11 and 52 part time nursery children St Teresa’s junior school building was opened in 1958 and the Infant building was completed in 1964. The two schools amalgamated in 1980. A school is very much a living and growing body. It is a place where our children can feel safe and secure to use their talents, develop their skills and be aware of the needs of each other, in a caring Catholic atmosphere as part of our Parish Community.