More About The Provider
Description of Service
CHILD Deaf Youth Project (CDYP) provides educational and social activities in a safe friendly environment.
We offer opportunities for the youth to gain new skills and challenges to build their confidence and self-esteem.
By meeting their peers regularly youth will feel less isolated and independence is encouraged by making their own decisions about what they want to do. They are able to do this in an environment where they are understood by their Deaf peers and experienced staff who are a combination of Deaf and hearing.
- two youth groups that run all year, including half terms and summer holidays
- encourage and develop communication skills, British Sign Language and oral skills
- educational and social activities
- opportunities for young people to gain new skills and build confidence
- reduce isolation, promote independence and positive self esteem
Types of Service Provided
Client Groups Served
Is there a cost for this service?
£3.00 per person.
We are open on Wednesday from 4.00pm - 7.00pm and on Thursday from 3.45pm - 5.45pm.