More About The Provider
Description of Service
Ambulance Car Service Drivers (ACS) are volunteers who use their own vehicles to help with the transportation of patients to and from hospitals and clinics, thereby leaving ambulances free for emergencies and for patients too ill to travel by car. We currently have over 150 volunteers helping out throughout the North East.
Volunteers are not paid for their time, however they do receive out of pocket expenses for their mileage.
The basic criteria you need to be considered as a volunteer driver are:
• Physically and mentally fit
• Be of good character and provide at least one character reference
• Contactable by telephone and preferably possess a mobile phone
• Ideally possess a full clean driving licence
• Possess a suitable vehicle
• Comply with the DVLA Group 2 driving regulations
• Undergo a CRB check
For more information go to the website.