Skip to main content

Service summary

Parents In Need of Support (PINS)

PINS offers a free and confidential service to Parents & Carers whose family members are involved or at risk of drug or alcohol misuse.
We can be contacted directly or by referral from another agency.
We aim to adapt our service to meet YOUR needs.

How can PINS help?
We can develop a care plan to meet your individual needs and work with you to achieve your goals. Together we will use step-by-step approaches to help build your confidence, self-esteem and knowledge and understanding of drug and alcohol misuse.

We can help to develop skills to overcome many of the issues that are affecting you and your family. We offer mentoring and advocacy by trained people who can support you and / or direct you to other services that may be of some help. We offer respite and activities to allow you quality time away from the pressures of home. We can offer you training and parenting skills from accredited and experienced staff, access to drug and alcohol information, as well as a comprehensive range of books, DVDs, brochures etc from our information library.

What PINS can offer:
• Support Work
• Accredited C.R.A.F.T Trained
• Advocacy and Mentoring
• Outreach
• Life Coaching
• Information, Advice and Signposting
• Individual Care Plans
• Drug/Alcohol Awareness Training and Parenting Skills Courses
• Self Help and Activity Groups
• Drop in Facilities
• Holistic Therapies
• Art and Craft Classes

PINS is a registered charity - 1169702

Service provider

Parents in Need of Support (PINS)


Physical Environment Accessibility

Are your premises accessible?
Is there accessible parking on site?


Do you have accessible/disabled toilets?


Other Accessibility

Could you provide a BSL interpreter?
Please enter any further notes about your ability to offer a BSL interpreter

On request.

You you cater for religious/cultural needs?
Please give further details

Language interpretation is available, and written information can be translated.

Is a referral required to access your service?
Please give further details

You can be referred by any agency, GP or you can simply give us a call or pop into our offices yourself.