More About The Provider
Description of Service
The service provides a comprehensive assessment of health needs, personalised care planning and interventions for people whose needs are associated with or additional to a learning disability.
Each person is assisted by the service to access personalised and integrated healthcare support.
Creative and flexible treatments or interventions which meet the individual needs of the person will be designed by members of the multi-disciplinary team, who will focus provision within the person's everyday living/care environment and work flexibly to deliver cohesive and appropriate services.
The service is available to adults:
• 18 years and over
• With a diagnosed learning disability (typically an IQ <70)
A range of individualised, evidence based, safe therapies and interventions will be provided including:
• Family therapy and social and skills training to support carers
• Psychological therapies including counselling or cognitive behavioural therapy
• Psychiatric interventions including medication therapy
• Challenging behaviour intervention programmes
• Specialist therapeutic interventions from physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech and language therapy or dietetics
• Communication skills training for the service user and/or those supporting them
• Dysphasia treatment
• Seating and postural care, mobility, appliances assessment and provision group therapy sessions around specific areas of need, e.g. dementia, healthy living, men's/women's groups.
Client Groups Served
Age Ranges Served
Is a referral required to access your service?
Please give further details
The service provides 24 hours support across Hartlepool and Stockton. We accept referrals GPs, specialist clinicians, the person requiring support or their carer, local authority partners and private care providers and stakeholders from 9:00am to 5:00pm, 7 days a week.