More About The Provider
Description of Service
Margaret Hunter Parkinson’s UK Local Adviser for Darlington, Hartlepool, Middlesbrough and Stockton-on-Tees.
I can provide free, confidential one to one information and support to people living with Parkinson’s by telephone, email, letter or (where necessary) face-to-face client visits.
I can help people living with Parkinson’s who:
• have just been diagnosed and are looking for advice and information about their condition.
• are looking for tips on how to deal with the day-to-day impact of Parkinson's.
• need emotional support.
• want to find out more about the services available in their area.
• want to learn about their rights and entitlements.
• need help navigating the benefits process.
• are looking for support on employment issues.
• need support with anything else relating to their life with Parkinson's.
Types of Service Provided
Client Groups Served
Age Ranges Served
Is there a cost for this service?
Parkinson's UK free confidential helpline on 0808 800 0303. Opening times are: Monday to Friday 9am-7pm and Saturday 10am-2pm. Our trained advisers, including nurse specialists, can provide information and advice about all aspects of living with Parkinson's, including medical issues, symptoms and treatments, employment, benefits and health and social care.
Physical Environment Accessibility
Are your premises accessible?
Could you provide a BSL interpreter?
You you cater for religious/cultural needs?
Is a referral required to access your service?
Please give further details
Self and professionals referrals are accepted.