More About The Provider
Description of Service
• Improving the availability of information in alternative formats;
• Helping visually-impaired people achieve equality and maintain their independence;
• Providing quality services to people with sight loss, including education, ICT skills, and participation in social activities;
• Providing advocacy service and support needed to cope with paperwork and raising public awareness of the issues and problems relating to sight loss.
• Enabling people to gain information at an early stage to ensure appropriate services are provided and eye problems are recognised.
Types of Service Provided
Client Groups Served
Age Ranges Served
Is there a cost for this service?
Monday to Friday, 9:00am - 4:00pm
Physical Environment Accessibility
Are your premises accessible?
Further details about your premises' accessibility
Handrails to main entrance.
Is there accessible parking on site?
Disabled parking spaces available at rear of building.
Do you have accessible/disabled toilets?
Disabled facilities available.
Could you provide a BSL interpreter?
Please enter any further notes about your ability to offer a BSL interpreter
A volunteer who is trained in sign language can be available.