Tuberculosis (TB) Service
Our dedicated team of specialists provide a one stop shop in a friendly environment with some limited car parking outside of our facilities.
The state of the art department has:
- a comfortable, welcoming reception area
- consulting and examination rooms
- a lung function laboratory with the best equipment
- digital chest x-ray facilities
We know that if you have breathing problems you might find it difficult to walk from one department to another for tests.
We have all of the facilities here in one place, where we provide:
- outpatient clinics
- oxygen assessment
- specialist clinics for asthma, tuberculosis, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and lung fibrosis
- endobronchial ultrasound (EBUS) – a procedure which uses ultrasound scanning to get an accurate picture of how much lung cancer has progressed
- support for patients in the community who use non-invasive ventilation for conditions including, motor neurone disease, COPD, chest wall deformities and lung conditions related to obesity
University Hospital of North Tees