published on 20 January 2017
What do these individuals have in common?
They are all just ordinary people who volunteer their time to be a magistrate.
Fancy joining them?
We are recruiting magistrates for courts at Teesside, Peterlee and Newton Aycliffe.
Magistrates deal with facts. Here are some facts to consider:
- Magistrates are ordinary local people from all walks of life.
- You don't need any legal qualifications or previous training.
- You need to be able to sit in court for a minimum of 26 half days each year.
- Magistrates aren't paid but many employers allow time off with pay or you can claim loss of earnings allowance.
- Magistrates work on behalf of their local community in an important and rewarding role.
Find out more at www.direct.gov.uk/magistrates or call Gill Stoddart on 01642 261612.
Associated Files and Documents
- File Attachment (Adobe Portable Document Format, 288 KB)