published on 11 October 2016
Hartlepool Borough Council and In Good Hands invite you to find out how you can get FREE one-day OCN training and learn about developments exclusively for Hartlepool including resources and support that will help you:
- Identify older people in your care with sight and hearing difficulties - age related deafblindness (DB) - and other age related communication disorders.
- Increase staff skills and cofidence to support older people struggling with DB to increase their health and wellbeing.
- Grow your capacity for increased prevention through early identification and brief, low-cost interventions that could transform an older persons life.
Some key facts you need to know:
- Age related DB is mostly undetected, misdiagnosed or misunderstand - until you know what to look for and how it affects older people.
- From 75 years of age there is a 1:3 likelihood of DB.
- Older people with DB are 3x more likely to have a fall; 3.6x more likely to have a stroke; 2.7x more likely to have depression.
- By 2030 the number of older people with DB will grow by 60%.
- Most people with age related DB are not totally deaf and totally blind. You can help them maximise remaining sight and hearing.
Then come along to a 2-hour taster and information session.
Where: Hartlepool Centre of Excellence for Teaching and Learning (CETL), Brierton Lane, Hartlepool, TS25 4BY. (please note change of venue since previously advertised)
When: Thursday 20th October 2016
Choose either a morning or afternoon session - 10am - 12noon or 1pm - 3pm.
To book your place(s) call Julie Iley, Hartlepool Borough Council, Tel: 01429 523763 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
RSVP by Tuesday 18th October 2016
Associated Files and Documents
- File Attachment (Portable Network Graphics (PNG), 1.1 MB)