published on 05 August 2016
What is it?
- The Hartlepool Befriending Network is aimed at reducing loneliness and isolation in people aged 65+ and over who are living in the Hartlepool Borough area.
What are the benefits?
- Helps to build self-esteem and confidence
- Improve Health and Wellbeing
- Motivate clients to access social activities and services
- Increase Independence and Social Inclusion
What will we do?
- Our dedicated volunteers can offer friendship and a listening ear to an older person in their own home. This might include a friendly chat over a cup of tea/coffee or assisting with small daily living tasks. It may also involve accompanying clients on short walks, outings or visits to local community or activity groups.
Who is eligible?
- Individuals who are aged 65+ and who live in the Hartlepool Borough area, who have little or no contact from family or friends and are unable to access social groups.
To find out more information, or to refer someone to the Hartlepool Befriending Network please contact
Lee Russell - Befriending Co-ordinator
Tel: 07808 306184
Associated Files and Documents
- File Attachment (Adobe Portable Document Format, 97.3 KB)