published on 11 May 2016
Dementia Citizens is a new project that aims to help people with dementia and those who care for them, using apps on smartphones and tablets.
We're inviting 50 people with dementia and carers to help us test the first two Dementia Citizens apps.
If you take part we'll ask you to use one of our apps for two weeks. You'll be able to use the app to enjoy an activity such as creating a digital life story book or listening to music. We'll use data about how you have used the app, and feedback, to improve the Dementia Citizens apps before they launch in July 2016.
To take part and test the first apps, we're looking for people who:
- Are living with dementia, or are caring for a family member or friend with dementia.
- Live at home, (rather than in a supervised care setting such as a care home or hospice).
- Have access to an iPhone, iPad, iPad mini or iPod.
- Are willing to use one of our apps for at least 30 minutes, twice a week for 2 weeks, from 27th May to 10th June.
To take part or find out more contact Alli Suddaby, Dementia Citizens Programme Manager, on email@example.com or 07766 242750
More about Dementia Citizens and this user testing
The project is led by Nesta and supported by the Department of Health, Alzheimer's Society, and Alzheimer's Research UK. It will help people with dementia to take part in simple and enjoyable activities using a smartphone or tablet. Researchers will use the information collected to help improve care. Read more at http://www.nesta.org.uk/blog/affected-dementia-help-us-test-dementia-citizens-apps
Why are we carrying out this user testing?
It's important to us that people with dementia, their families and carers, are at the heart of the development process. We'll use data about how you have used the apps, and feedback, to improve the first two Dementia Citizens apps before they launch in July 2016.
What will happen next?
If you contact us to say you're interested in taking part in this research we'll get in touch to
- Ask you some questions about yourself and tell you more about our work
- If you're eligible to take part and want to continue, we'll explain the next steps and answer any questions that you have.