It is more important than ever to understand the online world your child has access to and how to keep them safe
To help with this, we are holding two interactive events, a 90 minute webinar with plenty of time to ask questions.
The online webinars are aimed at parents/carers and explore some of the key factors to be aware of regarding the online space and exploitation.
The aim of this event is to give you an overview of what young people may experience online & explore the harms that they may face on a daily basis.
The webinar will raise your understanding of how the online space can be exploited and will discuss examples of how online platforms are used to achieve this. It will better equip you to engage and support children and young people in their online world.
If you apply what you have learned you will be able to:
- Recognise online risks and identify effective ways to support young people to interact safely with the online space.
- Demonstrate an understanding of what could make a young person vulnerable to online harms.
- Identify some key signs that your child may be struggling with in their online space.
- Know how to report any concerns.
- Understand the support/resources available.
There are two events are available for you to attend.
The first session is aimed at parents of primary school age, the later one for secondary school parents however you are welcome to attend either or even both.
Thursday April 29th 2021 10.00 - 11.30am: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/staying-safe-online-an-insight-into-your-childs-online-world-tickets-145458312729?aff=erelpanelorg
Thursday April 29th 2021 1.30pm - 2.30pm: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/staying-safe-online-an-insight-into-your-childs-online-world-tickets-145485114895?aff=erelpanelorg
Once you register with Eventbrite, full joining instructions will be sent out closer to the time.
If you have any problems please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Associated Files and Documents
- Webinar Leaflet (Adobe Portable Document Format, 629 KB)