Do you know someone who is struggling to stay warm in their home?
Our award winning Stay Safe and Warm scheme can help - it is completely FREE and offers access to heaters and other equipment*
To stay warmer this winter follow some of the advice below:
• Move furniture away from the radiators to allow heat to circulate
• Curtains should be thick or lined and closed at dusk to keep heat in
• Use heating controls to help manage room temperatures and heating times
• Turning the room thermostat down by 1°C can save 10% off your bill
• Room temperatures should be set between 18°C and 21°C (64°F and 70°F)
• Remember the room stays warm for 45 minutes after you switch off the heating
• Setting your hot water tank thermostat to 60°C (140°F) – this should be warm enough
• Place aluminium foil behind the radiators to reflect heat back into the room
• Draught proof windows and exterior doors with brush or PVC seals
• Fit a brush or spring flap to letterboxes and cover keyholes
• Installing a smart meter could save you money and may provide more accurate bills.