Special Daily News - New Rules From Boris Johnson for England
Boris Johnson the Prime Minster has spoken on the TV about the Coronavirus and some new rules for England. In August the number of people catching the Coronavirus was about 1,000 people a day. In September the number of people catching the Coronavirus
is about 4,000 people a day. The number of people having to go into hospital is going up. This means the Coronavirus is spreading quickly.
The new rules will last at least 6 months.
The rules are
•Work from home if you can.
•If you cannot work from home, you can go to work but you have to follow the rules to keep people safe.
•Pubs, bars, restaurants, and cafes will have to serve people at tables or offer a takeaway. They all have to close at 10pm. Takeaways have to close at 10pm too.
•People will have to wear a face covering in pubs, bars, restaurants, cafés and takeaways when they are not sat at their table.
•People who work in shops will have to wear a face covering.
• Only 15 people can be at a wedding
• Only 30 people can be at a funeral
• Indoor team sports can only have 6 people taking part.
• You can meet with up to six people inside.
• You can meet with up to six people outside in places like parks, cafes, pubs, and restaurants.
• If you live with more than six people or your support bubble is more than six people, then you can still meet up with them inside or outside of your home.
• People who were shielding do not have to shield unless they are in a local lockdown area.
Schools and places where people work do not have to follow the rule about six people. If the number of people with Coronavirus goes up these
rules might change again.
Fines for breaking the rules are going up from £100 to £200.
If you live in an area with a local lockdown your rules are
different. You are not allowed to meet people who you do not live
with and people who are not in your support bubble. This is inside and outside of your home.
Associated Files and Documents
- File Attachment (Adobe Portable Document Format, 300 KB)