published on 19 August 2019
Recovery Month and HART
This September Recovery Month highlights the achievements of individuals who have reclaimed their lives in long-term recovery from substance misuse and highlights the work provided by the recovery services who have helped them.
Our own Hartlepool Action Recovery Team, or HART consists of two services. Addaction provides clinical interventions including substitute prescribing and Hartlepool Borough Council offer support via a group of interventions known as NBPS. NBPS works in small groups or just one to one, to challenge individual thinking and helps develop and sustain life skills.
HART is for anyone over 18 who wants help and support in addressing their substance misuse problems. They can also help individuals cut down on how much they drink, or help stop drinking altogether.
HART will come together with the recovery community to celebrate Recovery Month and together they have organised a series of events across Hartlepool, where you can come along to find out more about the services available, presented and delivered by individuals who have started with the help they need and are now in recovery.
HART’s office is at The Willows on Whitby Street and is open from 9.00am-5.00pm Monday to Friday and Saturday morning.
There are three open, public events at The Willows during September;
- Wellbeing Day on the 6th September from 12.00-3.30pm
- Food and Fuel Fair on the 11th September from 11.00am – 2.00pm
- And a SMART (Self-Management and Recovery Training) event on the 20th September from 10.30am -12.30pm.
There are three open, public events at the Community Hubs during September, all focussing on NBPS and the difference joining this service can make to those suffering from substance misuse, these events are held on;
- 10th September at Central Hub on York Road from 1.00pm – 2.00pm
- 17th September at South Hub on Wynyard Road from 1.00pm – 2.00pm
- 25th September at the CIL on Burbank Street from 1.00pm – 2.00pm
If you wanted to find out more about the service, there are also an event at the Civic Centre on Victoria Road;
- 13th September there is a Cake stall - made by clients and the takings donated to a charity of their choice
On the 7th September a Recovery Walk will take place in Middlesbrough, celebrating the work of clients and recovery services from 12 noon - 5.00pm.
If you would like to find out more about these events, or enquire about HART’s services, please call (01429) 285000.