published on 29 July 2019
We are recruiting adult crime magistrates for courts at Teesside, Peterlee and Newton Aycliffe.
Magistrates deal with facts; here are some facts to consider:
- Magistrates are ordinary local people from all walks of life
- You don't need any legal qualifications or previous training
- You need to be able to sit in court for a minimum of 26 half days each year
- Magistrates aren't paid but many employers allow time off with pay or loss of earnings allowance
- Magistrates work on behalf of their local community in an important and rewarding role
Find out more at GOV.UK/become-magistrate or call the Judical Support Unit on (01642) 261611 / 12.
Applications close on the 30th August 2019.
A limit may be applied on the number of applications considered for interview.